Last Modified: April 15th, 2020
This Policy applies to information we collect or is submitted to us through:
- The website at www.goserendip.com (“The Website”)
- Social media applications like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter (“Social Media”)
- Email and other electronic messages, except for personal messages sent to our clients
- Interactions with advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Social Media
All personal information that you provide on the Website or Social Media is voluntary. If you submit personal information, you agree that we may keep a record of that personal information. You also agree that if you choose not to provide all requested information, our ability to process the requested information for the purpose for which you’ve consented may be limited.
What Information Is Collected
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website and Social Media, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, like name, postal address, email address, employer information, telephone number, IP address or any other identifier through which you may be contacted or identified (“Personal Information”)
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as application essays, experience, or areas of interest
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website or Social Media, and usage times, dates and other details that are not and cannot be connected to you (“Non-Personal Information”)
Personal Information. Personal Information that we collect may also include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms
- This includes information you provide when you submit an application, register for an event, request information, enter a promotion, report a problem with the Website, or otherwise contact us via the Website
- Content that you authorize us to access, publish, and view on Social Media
- Records of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us
- Your search queries and content viewed on the Website
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or Social Media, or transmitted to other users of the Website, Social Media or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of Social Media. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed or used by unauthorized persons and/or in unauthorized manners.
Non-Personal Information. Each time a computer visits the Website or Social Media to read or download information, we may collect certain information from that computer. This Non-Personal Information is automatically collected from the user’s computer and may include information like the following:
- Type of web browser being used (for example, Chrome, Safari or Firefox)
- Name of the Internet domain from which your computer accessed the Website or Social Media
- Address of the website that connected you to Website or Social Media (like google.com or bing.com)
- Date and time your computer accessed the Website or Social Media
In order to better respond to your specific requests or provide you services, we may associate Non-Personal information to Personal Information that you have provided through the Website or Social Media.
How Information Is Collected
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website or Social Media. Information collected automatically may include Non-Personal Information, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may place a text file called a cookie in the browser files of computers that visit this Website. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies also allow your computer to utilize all the features on this Website. The information that we collect using cookies is Non-Personal Information.
You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, and those cookies will no longer collect information from you, but some parts of our Website may not work properly for you if you do so.
Certain features of our Website, or third-parties marketing on our behalf, may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website.
How We Use Information Collected
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To present the Website, Social Media, and its contents to you
- To improve our website and customer service
- To contact you to provide information or services that you request from us
- To send periodic emails
- To notify you about changes to the Website, Social Media or any services we offer or provide though it
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- In any other way that we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
We will use Non-Personal Information to help us make our Website more useful to visitors and for other business purposes. For example, we may tell business partners how many computers visited this Website. We may also use the Non-Personal Information in cookies to help us to personalize this Website according to the preferences you tell us, and make your visit a more convenient experience. We may prepare reports and other materials using Non-Personal Information. Since these reports and materials contain no Personal Information, we may share them with others.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated Non-Personal information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Serendip’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Serendip about the Website and Social Media users is among the assets transferred
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Serendip, our customers or others
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Privacy On Third-Party Websites and Social Media
We may also provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Serendip on various social media sites. Serendip is not responsible for the personal information you choose to provide in these forums. If you post, comment, indicate interest or complaint, or share personal information, including photographs, to any social network, blog, or other such forum, upon which Serendip has an account, please be aware that any information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes over which neither you nor Serendip have control. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
Notice to European Union Users
Serendip’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Do Not Track Mechanisms
Your browser may deliver a “Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) signal” to this Website. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the technology and marketing industries regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we currently do not make any guarantees that we will honor DNT signals.
Access, Correction, Objection to Processing of Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com, together with proof of your identity, to request access, correction, cessation, erasure, and/or objection to processing of any personal information that you provided us. We may not fully accommodate a request if the request would violate applicable law or is not required (in full or in part) under applicable law.
Children Under the Age of 13
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website or Social Media from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any features/register on the Website or Social Media, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to the Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice in the footer (referencing our Policy) on the Website home page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
Your Acceptance of This Policy
Unless otherwise required by applicable law, by your use of the Website or Social Media, you are entering into a binding contract with Serendip and are consenting to the use of your information as explained in this Policy. We may change or add to our Policy, so we encourage you to review it periodically. If you don’t agree with these terms or any future changes, then please don’t use or interact with Serendip through the Website or Social Media.